Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Newly Discovered Evidence


​You have the right to challenge mistakes that were made in your case, even after your conviction. The law does limit the types of mistakes that you are allowed to challenge. If you find proof of any of the following, you can file a CR 60.02 motion in the court of your conviction: 

  • Newly discovered evidence
  • Mistake
  • Perjury or falsified evidence
  • Fraud affecting the proceedings
  • Any other extraordinary reason​

Claims of ineffective assistance of counsel cannot be brought under CR 60.02. Most claims for relief under CR 60.02 must be filed within 1 year of the entry of the judgment or sentencing order. For more information regarding CR 60.02 motions, click here.​